Saturday, May 16, 2020

10 Random things

1. Bangalore has a Northern lights like phenomenon these days- for a few minutes after the sunset the sky changes into a watercolour canvas. Its like its managed by a someone whimsical- some days its dramatic with swatches of pink clouds all across, somedays its more muted - various shades of blue but its beautiful all days. I dont know if I havent noticed it before or if it happens only during a particular season

2. Birds definitely have a routine they do end of day- They go sit on various branches and caw/squeak/sing. They have a pattern to why they pick that particular branch but I cant figure it out. Dont know if experts everywhere have figured it out.

3. Ownership bias is too real. And it extends even to plants.

4. If you are learning and growing up, you will hold beliefs that were completely opposite of others you held a few years back. True wisdom lies in not assuming this belief is permanent and that there is a significant chance you may go back to the original belief.

5. If you were not an Upholder, accomplisher during regular programming, you probably arent going to be a super-accomplisher during lockdown. Dont beat yourself up.

6. Memory is a very strange thing. Maybe we store everything but have just lost access to it when we forget.  Which could explain why things we have forgotten keep turning up in dreams  or randomly when we are thinking of other things. Does that mean that we can completely access our vacations and our childhood instead of having them as glimpses of images?

7. A memory aided by photograph is just as good as a memory you have on your own. So why the hatred for picture takers at sunset spots? The worst thing is , some of us spend our sunset spots time not enjoying the sunset or taking pics, but by deriding those wasting their sunset time taking pics. Surely thats not the best use of sunset time?

8. I want to become non-judgemental but I worry that if nothing affects me I ll become the most boring person on the planet. What am I, without my opinions? Is it possible to be opinionated without being judgemental? What about gossip then?

9. I am perfectly OK leaving Netflix shows unwatched. Even the ones I quite like. I think one of the main reasons I finish shows is because I have free time to binge. Otherwise I am perfectly OK not knowing what happens or reading Wiki and finding what happens. Same with books. But with books I feel Ill get back to them eventually, so I am ok abandoning them.

10. We need female role models who have upped their feminine- most corporate female role models are those who have embraced the traditional masculine values of aggression, go-getting etc. Sansa Stark, Victoria Mitchell, Laura Vanderkam etc though none of them are really corporate. Guess you need male values to be succesful in corporate? 

No comments:

Post a Comment