Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Productive Netflix

 An oxymoron if there was ever one. 

I have been addicted to The Home Edit on Netflix recently -  where two home organisers go to a celeb's house and a normal person's house and organise their mess. Its like what Masterchef is to cooking- its vaguely in the area of interest, you may get a couple of tips, but end of the day its just drama. I know it and yet I cant stop myself from watching those two women clean out, organise and give a makeover. 

I love makeover/transformation stories- my fav movie is The Devil wears Prada and my fav montage is the one right after Anne's transformation. I wonder if this speaks to some subconscious desire of mine to transform, but until I figure that out I will rewatch the intro and the transformation montage to no end. 

The Home Edit is similar, except it is for rooms/closets. Watching that doesnt make my room any more organised and there are barely any usable tips that I can immediately implement- what they do is pretty much my current system. I dont find the women super interesting ( they arent annoying, but I dont particularly watch it for the banter). I am currently cleaning my house draw by draw and I thought its a nice complementary thing to watch. Thats how it started but what has happened is that I am now watching the show instead of cleaning my house

Ah-- the best laid plans of me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment