Saturday, January 1, 2022

Breaking the new year resolution

 Ill level with you- the time between making a resolution and breaking it - letter and spirit was pitifully short. 

I had resolved to deal situations with better attitude, but 24 hours is too short a time to change who I am fundamentally, it appears.  

A mini-crisis of sorts and I snapped at everyone involved. Not a good look. 

Lead me to think about how Iregress when I am back home. I am much much much more sorted in Bangalore. And its not as if I make more of an effort there, that just seems to be my baseline. Of course, it helps that there is relatively less that goes wrong there. Chennai, otoh is filled with stressors. 

Was thinking if meditation may have helped me deal with this better? Cant be sure. But it is something I am ruminating on today. I think Ill have to decide my 2023 resolutions today and spend the whole year planning for it. 

Turns out making a resolution isnt enough. Even for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment